I’ve never found this silver coin before.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I had a little free time so I went to the local go-to park to see what I could dig up. I can almost always unearth at least one silver per trip, but my usual areas in the park have been starting to dry up.

I decided to try an area that I’ve always avoided due to the large homeless population and hookers who meander in that particular part of the park. My first signal just three feet from my car was an obligatory 1944 wheat cent so I had high hopes that there were some goodies to be found.

Well after an hour, a junk ring and about two bucks in clad, I found this. I could tell by the rim it was silver but hadn’t seen this particular coin before. A quick Google search showed that it’s a 1941 Netherlands East Indies 1/4 Gulden which is 72% silver. Anyday I can find a new type of coin is a good day.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540518117.943307.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540518134.510311.jpg

Upvote 46

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roeding park is hooker/junkie/homeless central! I find so many needles there and get approached quite often by questionable "street walkers". But the park always seems to give up goodies! Nice find Jason! We gotta get out there soon!
hey i live there. :tongue3:

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the cool silver. I don’t care where the silver comes from, I just hope it to makes it into my pouch :occasion14: Good luck on the next one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread