What's new

That's More Like It, a Six Silver Day!!!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,883
Reaction score
47,436
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hunt in the park yesterday reminded me of how much I like detecting where there's no grass, so I headed out to the old gravel parking lot where I've done very well in the past. It certainly didn't disappoint!
Besides the silvers I got five thrashed wheat cents and a mountain of beaver tails (gotta dig those even here because I did find a gold ring here last year).
-1941 dime
-1944 dime
-1948-d dime
-1963-d dime
-1964-d dime
-1943-s nickel

IMG_8630.webp

IMG_8631.webp


They're a little beat up from life in the gravel, except for the 1948, which was in a little sandy spot just a little ways outside of the lot area.
Feels nice to have a little success after a string of so-so outings.
 
Upvote 110
YOU DID FANTASTIC !!!
 
The hunt in the park yesterday reminded me of how much I like detecting where there's no grass, so I headed out to the old gravel parking lot where I've done very well in the past. It certainly didn't disappoint!
Besides the silvers I got five thrashed wheat cents and a mountain of beaver tails (gotta dig those even here because I did find a gold ring here last year).
-1941 dime
-1944 dime
-1948-d dime
-1963-d dime
-1964-d dime
-1943-s nickel

They're a little beat up from life in the gravel, except for the 1948, which was in a little sandy spot just a little ways outside of the lot area.
Feels nice to have a little success after a string of so-so outings.
Excellent hunt!!! Congrats on the silvers
 
That's an excellent detecting session. Has been quite some time since silver said hello to me.
I'm glad you found these nice pieces. There is just something about those mercury dimes that makes me enjoy them the most.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom