What's new

J.I.Case Threshing Machine Co pin

tinpan

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
4,681
Reaction score
1,593
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all Any ideas how old this J.I.Case Threshing machine pin is?

tinpan
 

Attachments

  • 100_0728.webp
    100_0728.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 100_0729.webp
    100_0729.webp
    134.3 KB · Views: 406
The eagle atop the globe is known as Old Abe and was adopted as a J. I. Case trademark in 1865. However, the globe was added some years later. The stickpin that You found is from the late 1800's or early 1900's.

Old Abe was a real eagle and reportedly originally served as a mascot of Co. C., Wisconsin 8th Regt., during the Civil War. He continued to appear in parades and at veterans events until his death in 1881.

Here are a couple of links to more info.


http://steamtraction.farmcollector.com/steam-engines/company-history/the-case-eagle.aspx

http://www.racinehistory.com/jicase.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom