What's new

Jack and Jill (With 1 Sleazy Photograph)

Half-Hound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
I know people find weird things in coin rolls, but this piece of cardboard is what I found between worthless clad halves this last weekend. At least she looks better than another 1971D. I think I will keep her.

Half-Hound

Second Story:

Is This 2001D Roosevelt Dime Silver?

I was edge-checking rolls of dimes and saw this one (see photographs below). Of course at first I thought it was silver. But it is a chrome-silver color, not the white-silver color of 90% silver coins. The edge is also completely chrome-silver, with no copper at all showing. But it is a 2001 and so I am confused. I know the Treasury made special 90% silver proof sets, but I suspect those were made in San Francisco. Can anyone offer any information? Thanks in advance to everyone.

Half-Hound
 

Attachments

  • LITE Jack and Jill.webp
    LITE Jack and Jill.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 341
  • LITE Dime Obverse 2001D Closeup.webp
    LITE Dime Obverse 2001D Closeup.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 328
  • LITE Dime Reverse 2001D Closeup.webp
    LITE Dime Reverse 2001D Closeup.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 327
  • LITE Dime Edge 2001D.webp
    LITE Dime Edge 2001D.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 330
  • LITE Dime Edge 2001D Closeup.webp
    LITE Dime Edge 2001D Closeup.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
LOL :laughing9: All i'v found in coin rolls besides coins are dog hairs and eye lashes. As for the dime I suspect someone just painted it with metalic marker to fool people.
 
Half-Hound said:
I know people find weird things in coin rolls, but this piece of cardboard is what I found between worthless clad halves this last weekend. At least she looks better than another 1971D. I think I will keep her.

Half-Hound

Second Story:

Is This 2001D Roosevelt Dime Silver?

I was edge-checking rolls of dimes and saw this one (see photographs below). Of course at first I thought it was silver. But it is a chrome-silver color, not the white-silver color of 90% silver coins. The edge is also completely chrome-silver, with no copper at all showing. But it is a 2001 and so I am confused. I know the Treasury made special 90% silver proof sets, but I suspect those were made in San Francisco. Can anyone offer any information? Thanks in advance to everyone.

Half-Hound
The dime has been dipped. SOmeone wanted a silver colored dime. Happens often. Not silver. :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom