Jackpot in own Collection

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
well I was bored. Threw out my back and god does that hurt!! I rather have my arm or leg go out than my back. so taking my nickels back to dump is out of the question this vacation. So I was going through my foreign coins to see what was silver and what wasn't. And I found a couple of boxes that I had forgotten about. These are coins that I have but aren't my uber favorite ones. Well I found my canadian proof set and checked the date. 1967. well I went to coinflation to see whether or not they have silver in it and holy smokies!! do they ever!

at the current price of 30.40 per ounce here is the breakdown:

1 dollar = 18.54
50 cent = 9.27
25 cent = 4.63
10 cent = 1.85

which equals $34.29. almost $35 dollars in just silver alone and I didn't even know it. woo-hoo!! :;does a crazy dance:: that just made my day. Now if only I can get my back to stop hurting. ::grabs her hot and cold packs and a big bottle of ibuprophen::

Smiles,
Garoulady

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
What box is the proof set in? You could have numismatic value way over melt.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
no box, just a plastic holder. It's the 6 coin set. I bought it at a coinshow when I was 16 years old.

Smiles,
Garoulady

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Just worth melt then. I just saw the 7 coin set included the gold 20 dollars.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find there GL, and who says you can't find something in your own collection, lol. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
oh its a mental dance but thanks for the concern. I have been nuking a wet towel over 20 minutes or so. It works but boy do I miss my electric heating pad. Maybe if the weather is better tomorrow I might take my mom into getting her hair done and me finding a new heating pad.

And for the find, tell me about it. I bought coins when I was 16 years old and I wonder now why I bought them. 20+ years of coin collecting, sometimes its hard to keep track of everything.

sincerely,
Garoulady

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your posts always make me smile. Hope your back feels better!

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started stacking I went through my old foriegn coins. All I found was a silver five Mark piece and a Canadian 80% siver dime. Hey, silver is silver. Coingratulations on your find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread