Jamaica

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some people I know went last year in a group and had everything confiscated when they landed
was returned when they left - these were die hard hunters and cant see them being happy sitting
in the sand sipping pinacolatos - I wouldn't be

The Sanddigger

Nov 15, 2012
Tidewater VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Garrett AT Pro
Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some people I know went last year in a group and had everything confiscated when they landed
was returned when they left - these were die hard hunters and cant see them being happy sitting
in the sand sipping pinacolatos - I wouldn't be

I'd worry about getting everything back at the end.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was one of the unfortunate detectorists that have had their gear DETAINED until my departure day. Officials were very nice and professional about the detention of my equipment. However to get it back I had to arrive at the airport two ADDITIONAL hours before my flight. It took about an hour and half or so to get the gear back. And when it was returned, two custom agents accompanied me and the gear to the check-in counter and stayed until the detectors were placed on the loading belt. Signatures were taken from all that handled the bag containing the gear. Had I not gotten to the airport four hours before my flight either I would have had to leave the gear (abandon it) or miss the flight home.
I have been back to Jamaica since, without any metal detecting equipment.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck hope you get it

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I went in May 2019 and had no issues but I also pay the extra like $50/person and get the club mobile passes which gives you a guide who takes you through customs and goes to the vip lounge. I’ve been 3 times in last handful of years always through Montego Bay and never had an issue. I keep my guts of my Excalibur II in a laptop bag and my frame in my checked bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions