January Finds in and near Brownwood, Texas

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are my metal detecting finds for the month of January. I had what I think was a successful month. Although these photos don't show my quarter take clearly (on the left of the treasure tray), I found 21 quarters last month (total $5.25) which is the most I've found in one month in over a year. I mostly used 3 of my detectors - my vintage White's 5000/D which gobbles up quarters and which is what I found most of these with, my Garrett Ace 250, and my trusty Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger. I also found most of the jewelry, relics, and the brass Keystone watch case with the 5000/D. Newcomers to the hobby can laugh at the quality old metal detectors all they want but most of them have never used one at all or have never used one long enough to know how good they are. For me, the vintage machines are more fun to use than the new digital detectors.
http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com - next meeting is next Tuesday. Be there and have fun with us!

Happy Hunting!
~Texas Jay

md-Jan 2019 006.JPG md-Jan 2019 008.JPG md-Jan 2019 007.JPG md-Jan 2019 009.JPG md-Jan 2019 010.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread