Jesse James Home

pico110

Dec 9, 2009
Kansas
I was wondering if anyone has ever found any burried gold from Jesse James. I saw the History channel show and am scepital. I tried to call that guy's museume and the phone# is disconnected. The reason I ask is I have access to a home owned by James in Kansas. Its sits on 800 acres and is used for hunting. There are also some, I guess, earely or mid 1800s rock foundation ruins and a old wagon path with a rock wall on either side that still goes for 7 or 8 miles. I have been out detecting and came up with alot of bailing wire so far. I wondering how far from the house any gold was found at other sites.

Im wondering if there is any ryhme or reason to looking for any possible hidden gold or do I just need to start swinging my detector over the whole 800 achers. Tell me what you guys think.
thanks

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time you have a old homesite, you have a chance of caches. In my opinion the best way to start is to do a walk & squat survey. Walk around the place without a detector. As you walk around, just squat down every now and then and think, "Where would the well have been?"; "Is that the old garden?"; "If I had money hidden and wanted to be able to see it from my bedroom window, where would I hide it?"; "Was there an old barn here?". You get the idea. After this you can get out either your detector or your two-box and start detecting. Don't forget things like gate posts(for leaning and talking) where something may drop unnoticed and the possibility of post hole banks. If you need help detecting the area, PM me. Have detectors, Will travel!

Lots of luck,
A

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a mark before in Northern Oklahoma. I remember as a kid an old treasure hunter telling me about a cache found on the Canadian river before Lake Eufaula was constructed. Even if there are no cache sites on the property who knows what historical items one could find in that area. Very cool to say the least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions