Jesse James

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
You didn't say where you found the marker. Jesse is reported to have buried $32,000 in gold in the Brushy Mountains between Hot Springs and Plainview in Perry County. The gold was taken from the Hot Springs Stagecoach in 1877.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
A picture would be really nice! The gun and knife carvings are usually pointers, either pointing directly at something (a clue or cache) or pointing you in a direction to go. You won't always follow the "obvious" point on either carving. How far apart are the knife and gun? How intricate are the carvings? Do the barrel and blade point in the same direction. What does the JJ look like and where is it in comparison to the knife and gun? There are lots of variables that can change how you would look at these carvings. That's why a photo would help greatly.

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would scan and post to this site if I knew how. Help anyone?

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
I can't help you with posting photos but I can tell you there was a similar type carving in Oklahoma on top of a small hill looking down into the valleys that surrounded the hill. There has been at least three caches pulled from the ground around this hill, all within about 1200 feet of the carvings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions