What's new

jewelry or what

shattercane

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
I found this while detecting a very old homestead site. All items found at this site were old so i feel this probably is also. Do you experts think this is jewelry or something else. It has some kind of porcelin or enamel or some such thing bonded to the metal and then painted. I don't know how old that technology is. It is about 4 inches long. The round part is about the size of a quarter. A magnet does not stick to the chain or any of the painted parts. There is no writing anywhere on it. thankyou.
 

Attachments

  • jewelry1.webp
    jewelry1.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 297
  • jewelry2.webp
    jewelry2.webp
    16 KB · Views: 305
Did the sections come out of the ground looking that good or did you polish them? They almost look like gold, but the chain doesn't. Very pretty if you like frogs. Monty
 
Upvote 0
shattercane said:
I found this while detecting a very old homestead site. All items found at this site were old so i feel this probably is also. Do you experts think this is jewelry or something else. It has some kind of porcelin or enamel or some such thing bonded to the metal and then painted. I don't know how old that technology is. It is about 4 inches long. The round part is about the size of a quarter. A magnet does not stick to the chain or any of the painted parts. There is no writing anywhere on it. thankyou.
I didn't polish it. If it is gold it isn't brilliant gold and I believe it is all the same metal. I will try some polish on the chain and see if it indicates what metal it is made of.
 
Upvote 0
It is Cloisonné, and I agree it is a chatelaine. Great find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I agree it could be a chatelaine. I have also seen old wind chimes made in this same style - might explain the frog theme...Just my two cents...chetler
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
456
Replies
2
Views
201
Replies
11
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom