What's new

John Muir Token

AU24K

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
15,505
Reaction score
14,105
Golden Thread
0
Location
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend has this token and wanted me to see if anyone can help with age, value or any info. I've tried a quick google, but I'm computer dumb. It's about the size of a silver dollar.
Thanks in advance.
Scott
 

Attachments

  • IM002140.webp
    IM002140.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 696
  • IM002141.webp
    IM002141.webp
    25 KB · Views: 442
John Muir—Front: Naturalist-Founder of National Parks, John Muir, April 21, 1838, December 24, 1914, Martinez Area Chamber of Commerce (Bust of John Muir at center) I'm thinking it's around a $20-40 token John was the first president of the sierra club. He was also an inventor.
 
Upvote 0
This is the quote that is on the coin. That's all I know for now.




“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as
sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms
their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”
- John Muir
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies. John Muir seemed like a pretty good fella. :icon_thumleft:
Scott
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom