What's new

Jones Beach, New York 6-13-11

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,423
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out to the beach 2-hours before low tide - Finally! Holy Crap - does ANYBODY on Long Island take a driver's test?! Accidents to the right, left and center! Hunted from 930am to 2pm, and had a freakin' Blast! Saw Greg again and three other guys that I didn't approach (they looked pretty busy). Overcast with peaks of sun on the water and beach, sparse crowds. Lots of targets at the water line today - Attack of the Bobbypins! I dug one at at least 18", and I cussed like a sailor! Two-minutes later I got the silver hoop. All in all not a bad day. Couple of hoops, a Loius Vuitton lock, neat multi-piece earring and some clad. I'm learning and loving my Sand Shark, and that first gold ring is getting closer to my coil!
 

Attachments

  • gdfghtfthg.webp
    gdfghtfthg.webp
    116.6 KB · Views: 718
  • India1.webp
    India1.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 666
  • louisvuitton.webp
    louisvuitton.webp
    23 KB · Views: 618
Upvote 0
Nice finds Terry...congrats on the silver...the gold will come!!!
 
Hey Terry, looks like a good day hunting. :icon_thumright: The gold will come soon if you keep hunting hard. Did you get anyone to split the tolls with you? Sounded like a great deal. Too bad you weren't in my neck of the woods or I would have jumped on only paying half the tolls. Costs me about sixty bucks everytime I go to the beach for a day just in gas. And I have started quite a hair/bobbie pin collection of my own. :laughing7:
 
Interesting finds, Terry :hello2:

I like that multi -piece earring...unique! :headbang:

Lorraine
 
Nice finds, a couple of interesting pieces for sure. :icon_thumright:
 
Sniff,sniff ... The gold is getting close for ya I can smell it. The necklace with the star of david is pretty neat looks like ya had a great hunt. :thumbsup:
 
Your digging all the right stuff, gold cant hide forever. Sometimes the gold comes in streaks. I hit gold my first few water hunts but now I'm paying my dues.
 
I find it is a good sign when I start digging the old pull tabs. Keep at it, and keep the coil low and slow.
 
Thank you very much everyone! You folks Rock :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom