Judge Again Asks Tommy Thompson For Gold Location

this thread got many thinking about the legal system, and that's okay, but what if our guy flatly refuses to answer, and eventually he finds some lawyer that would like to get a feather in their hat, and take on his case..., and win - after all, PIRATES have a code "take all you can get, give nothing back...!" :laughing7:

Just remember, not all Pirates search for treasure in the ocean, some have graduated from law school, ha ha.

Bill

need to google Martin Armstrong, a bunch of his gold coins - did 9 effing years for contempt, quite different case specifics but anyone who suggests that legal = moral is nuts

plead the 5th .. I can not answer / give 0ermission to search because doing so would put me in the case of giving evidence against myself (signing the legal OK needed for the govt to have permission to search a lock box /bank box in a foreign country where they will find the stolen coins which will then give them the "evidence" to use against him --is in fact being forced to give the govt "evidence" against yourself which is the exact thing the 5th was meant to do ) .. I have full respect for the court --but folks also have legal rights granted to them by the constitution which they can use .. one can not be compelled to give testimony against ones self and jailing a person for using the "rights" given to them by the constitution is legal "black mail" and is clearly wrong --even if he is a low life thief and gives treasure hunters a bad name

Last edited:
Pleading the 5th only works if you have not been found guilty yet. He has been found guilty and the judge wants the spoiles now. I'd tell the judge to get off his ass and go look for himself.:skullflag:

plead the 5th .. I can not answer / give 0ermission to search because doing so would put me in the case of giving evidence against myself (signing the legal OK needed for the govt to have permission to search a lock box /bank box in a foreign country where they will find the stolen coins which will then give them the "evidence" to use against him --is in fact being forced to give the govt "evidence" against yourself which is the exact thing the 5th was meant to do ) .. I have full respect for the court --but folks also have legal rights granted to them by the constitution which they can use .. one can not be compelled to give testimony against ones self and jailing a person for using the "rights" given to them by the constitution is legal "black mail" and is clearly wrong --even if he is a low life thief and gives treasure hunters a bad name

I agree with what you said but remember, giving evidence against yourself happens all of the time, even when you do not want to. What if you are "ordered" to turn over your cell phone and all of your posts, emails, etc. are used to convict you? A phone tap, even with a warrant, uses your own voice and your own words against you. A search of your home, hopefully with a warrant, turns up many incriminating documents in your own handwriting. See what I mean? There are many more examples if you think about it. I am not saying it is right...I actually think you should never be forced to incriminate yourself as per the 5th amendment, but...look at the reality of what happens in court every day. What if someone's diary is subpoenaed? In the diary, there is a "confession" to some crime. Pleading the 5th will not keep that diary from being used as evidence against you...refuse to turn over the diary and go to jail for contempt. I have always thought this type of situation was wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back