rx_prozac

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2020
Munfordville, KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, garrett ace apex,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this simplex for 4 days. It came with v2.77 installed. Seems anything 2" or less, you get a good repeating signal. Anything beyond 2" the vdi jumps from back and forth from 10 to 95. Every rusty nail I dug was a strong and repeatable 90 to 95. Pull tabs was 60 to 70. The detector was automatic ground balanced with manual tweak. Any help appreciated.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I get varying VDI's, I'll approach the target from a different angle. From my experience this will work some of the time, but not all of the time. The cause could be a coin that is on its side, or possibly other metal that is in close proximity to the target you initially detected. Maybe even highly mineralized ground. It happens to me occasionally but not that often. If I were you, I'd check my connections and make sure everything is nice and secure, just to be safe. Good luck and happy hunting!

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Rx,
My experience only, ... 2.77 is a perfect mate with the SP24 coil in Park 1 mode only
With the stock coil, 2.77 was not easy to manage
If I were using the stock coil, i'd update to 2.78

2.77, Park 1 mode using the SP24 coil is fantastic. Since that triple combination, I'm bagging way more valuable targets

You might try one bar lower in sensitivity
make sure your coil is plugged in tightly
make sure your shoes are metal-free

Last edited:

Kel1

Greenie
Mar 16, 2019
NW Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS III, bought new in the '80's and still own! Fisher F2, Delta 4000, Hunt Mate and Nokta pin pointers, and now added the Nokta Simplex+ with added sp24 coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Rx,
My experience only, ... 2.77 is a perfect mate with the SP24 coil in Park 1 mode only
With the stock coil, 2.77 was not easy to manage
If I were using the stock coil, i'd update to 2.78

2.77, Park 1 mode using the SP24 coil is fantastic. Since that triple combination, I'm bagging way more valuable targets

You might try one bar lower in sensitivity
make sure your coil is plugged in tightly
make sure your shoes are metal-free

Thanks for that info, I may drop back to 2.77 and give it a try since I use the sp24 mostly now. Totally agree with you on the stock coil and 2.78!

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Kel,
I strongly believe that the SP24 and 2.77 and Park 1 were made for each other. If I hit a target in Park 1, I'll switch modes, no other mode responds as complete as Park 1. Yes, it can get chatty but that's because it is hitting targets. The SP24 requires more 'work' by the user but the rewards are there. No other mode, coil or SW version can match my satisfaction. I got lucky stumbling on to this!

Deadshort

Aug 20, 2020
Mo
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, Compadre, Vanquish 440, Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on 2.78. I had a hard time adjusting to the Simplex until I had used it quite a bit. Finally I realized how hard it bangs on Silver and shiny clad. I was often passing targets that I thought were cans because they seemed large. Assuming your machine is working properly...you'll learn to love it when you get to know it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread