What's new

Junior Fire Marshal Badge and Bicycle Head Stamp

PlzBSeated

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
503
Reaction score
4,934
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple of not terribly old finds, but nonetheless, interesting...

Fire Marshal 082124.webp

A Junior Fire Marshal's badge from the Hartford Insurance Company, dated 1955.

Airman 082124.webp

And a bicycle nameplate, Spiegel Airman, I believe also from the '50s.

Finds 082124.webp

One other interesting item I couldn't identify, looks like a suspender clasp, but also is shaped like a mitten. I wonder if it is somehow representative of Michigan? Interested if anyone knows what it is.

Today's finds...

(4) Wheatback cents 1911, 1917, 1945, 1947
1955 Junior Fire Marshal's badge
Spiegel Airman bicycle nameplate
Odd suspender clasp

PBS
 
Upvote 35
You might try searching some older Spiegel mail order catalogs to help with the bike date.
 
Couple of not terribly old finds, but nonetheless, interesting...

View attachment 2165014

A Junior Fire Marshal's badge from the Hartford Insurance Company, dated 1955.

View attachment 2165015

And a bicycle nameplate, Spiegel Airman, I believe also from the '50s.

View attachment 2165016

One other interesting item I couldn't identify, looks like a suspender clasp, but also is shaped like a mitten. I wonder if it is somehow representative of Michigan? Interested if anyone knows what it is.

Today's finds...

(4) Wheatback cents 1911, 1917, 1945, 1947
1955 Junior Fire Marshal's badge
Spiegel Airman bicycle nameplate
Odd suspender clasp

PBS
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom