What's new

Jupiter Inlet/ Dubois Park

mommagpx

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey Everyone,

Newbie here. I have been mding for over four years now but only as a hobby and I haven't been able to do it that much. Can anyone fill me in on the Jupiter Inlet area. Thanks for all your help.

Mommagpx
 
I know that about ten years ago a lifeguard found an ancient Spanish ship just south of the inlet and just offshore. Named San Miguel Archangel (sp?). A Web search will turn up more info. That beach might get interesting after a storm.

Chip V.
 
Chip is right, there is a shipwreck close to shore on the south side of the inlet (but it was discovered in 1987 or so). From the south jetty, south for about 1/4 mile is a good section of beach to search...if there is erosion or a cut. That beach has seen numerous replinishment projects, so the old shipwreck coins are deeply buried. You do have a good chance of finding modern coins and jewelry however. Happy Hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom