What's new

Just a few recent relics,

prolab69

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
1,619
Reaction score
1,028
Golden Thread
0
Location
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few spots between rainy downpours. Snapped a few pics of my Community Center where I find most of my older Injuns. Also thought of posting a pic of this sickle bar and how the tree grew right around it. The two bells were found up at some foundations along with the flower button, some buckles and this GS button, I have no clue on the GS button, my guess is girl scouts. the keys, spoons,and other items were found here and there. The tiny button with the star design was found inside the bell, most likely as a replacement for the ringer.

enjoy!!

Pro-
 

Attachments

  • 100_0856.webp
    100_0856.webp
    139.7 KB · Views: 374
  • 100_0852.webp
    100_0852.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 100_0864.webp
    100_0864.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 100_0862.webp
    100_0862.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 100_0860.webp
    100_0860.webp
    28 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_0859.webp
    100_0859.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 362
  • 100_0858.webp
    100_0858.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 369
  • 100_0857.webp
    100_0857.webp
    112.4 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0
Enjoyed the pics,but since you showed it,youll probably have lots of company!
Excellent finds,Congrats.
 
Nice relics, I like the button in the bell. I wonder if it was the ringer or it just fell inside the bell somehow?

Cool,

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
Cool button, Congrats
 
I'm interested in the marks in the fork/spoon handle. Can you post a close-up photo. I found a spoon/fork with 4 marks and am trying to ID it. Maybe yours have something in common with mine.

Thanks,

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • Camp12.webp
    Camp12.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 308
cool looking relics.Your CC looks just like a church where I MD behind.
Congrats.

fortbball9
 
this bldg used to be an old one room school house, the care taker gave me permission to hunt there because i live within its community. heres the close ups you wanted Bio- if you figure any of these markings out let me know,

thanks
Pro
 

Attachments

  • 100_0866.webp
    100_0866.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_0865.webp
    100_0865.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 100_0867.webp
    100_0867.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 290
We do have some marks in common. The one that is not very visible on the right side of mine is the cross like you have. We also both have the "cigar with fins" mark. The two letters in the box are the maker's marks. I'll try to find out some info on your maker as I can't find any information on mine - "IY" If we can determine your maker, maybe that will help us figure out some of the marks and date these suckers.

Thanks!!

Daryl
 
id say somewhere between 1820 & 1850 mine were all found at some very old foundations, yours is interesting, looks like it was made into a ring.
 
That looks like a church I did my first military funeral in, and it was jam packed with people, cool pic
 
You should check out some Confederate State buttons to see if that is a C instead of a G. Nice finds !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom