Smoogle
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jul 24, 2011
- Messages
- 814
- Reaction score
- 262
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North Coast NSW.
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, as promised to Jonnie some pics of the beach I've been working. Heavy swell pounded here across Xmas / New Year, when you look at the pics imagine the sand at just below the stairs, all of the rocks are usually covered by sand, I think a good 3-4ft has been lost in places. The weather was frightful with a low front moving in but having found this potential and no beachgoers I donned a wetsuit vest (recommend to all) and kept on swinging. I started on the rock but even with a new arsenal of tools - my fingers were too sore from yesterdays noob mistake of taking the skin off scratching around the crevices and lifting out rocks
I moved to the sand - and it was just coins now and then ($6-70) plus hairpins etc - I could not get to the gutter I was in yesterday - the swell was too large and all the shell grit had disappeared from the surface, I moved up to the end of the beach and searched the cliff nooks and got a faint signal flush with the cliff face. Dug down vertically, hard to pinpoint because the rock face was limiting any swing, nearly gave up at about 18 inches - looked in the hole and could just see a tiny bit of sparkling band in the wall of the hole at about 16 inches - picked it out - it has ONEIDA LTD stamped and is very heavy, - a quick google search and found out it is a spoon ring - stoked because I am digging spoons at the moment (unusual as it has a design on the inside of the band as well) - stainless, silver or plated - I'll have to test it. second junk ring helped to keep the count up, all the best to you ....
++++++ after this post I was checking my finds and a junker earing I quickly blew off and pocketed turned into a hallmarked 925 pendant or earing with what looks like alittle amethyst - pic added
I moved to the sand - and it was just coins now and then ($6-70) plus hairpins etc - I could not get to the gutter I was in yesterday - the swell was too large and all the shell grit had disappeared from the surface, I moved up to the end of the beach and searched the cliff nooks and got a faint signal flush with the cliff face. Dug down vertically, hard to pinpoint because the rock face was limiting any swing, nearly gave up at about 18 inches - looked in the hole and could just see a tiny bit of sparkling band in the wall of the hole at about 16 inches - picked it out - it has ONEIDA LTD stamped and is very heavy, - a quick google search and found out it is a spoon ring - stoked because I am digging spoons at the moment (unusual as it has a design on the inside of the band as well) - stainless, silver or plated - I'll have to test it. second junk ring helped to keep the count up, all the best to you .... ++++++ after this post I was checking my finds and a junker earing I quickly blew off and pocketed turned into a hallmarked 925 pendant or earing with what looks like alittle amethyst - pic added
Attachments
Upvote
0








