What's new

just bought a mint garrett 1500 in the way to me.

jwm45

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
757
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Location
south texas
Detector(s) used
,f-5,simplex 2.68: simplex + 2.78
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone know what kind of depth will this detector get?i have heard 6---7 " :icon_scratch:then others said 8--10".any feed back will be appreciated.
jwm45@suddenlink.net
 
I have a GTI 1500 and can honestly say I have found coins at over a foot with the larger coil. Mostly the 8" coil is good for about 8" on a dime if it has been in the ground a while. The imaging feature is very nice. I don't use it anymore cause when I got it back from Garrett last time it wasn't the same quality I was used too.
 
It should be optimized for Texas seeing as how that's where they're made.

Here in NC they are good for about 6 or 7 inches max with the 9.5 coil. I'm thinking about getting another because they are great coin shooters and most coins aren't that deep. I'll probably go with the 1350 though because it sizes with all coils whereas the 1500 only sizes with 2 coils. You'll be pleased with the unit because they really like silver.

Shane
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom