Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting a box of halves per week for 4 weeks now, and no silver yet.

3 proofs, one gold plated Bicentennial, and two magicians. I did get 1 40% from a teller tray.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but it would be nice to find at least one. The tellers act like they are doing you some big favor. I have some CDs there, and they pay me 0.3% interest. Cashed one out last week teller says we will have to penalize you one month's interest,( on 6k ), it was $1.24. :BangHead:

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your head up buddy, but you have to realize that one box of halves per week does not give you good odds at all.. You need to search a much higher weekly amount if you wanna find anything in halves anymore.. When you see people post a good box on here, they normally have searched well over 4 boxes a week (more like 8-12).. Let's say the person did search 4 boxes.. 3 would normally be skunks and you might get one decent box that gives a keeper or two.. What I am saying is, if you are only searching one box a week, the odds of you getting a good one are extremely slim.. If you simply can't afford to do more, I would just recommend searching dimes every week.. You are much more likely to find silver in two boxes of dimes than just doing one box of halves weekly..

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there. My first 11 boxes produced only 1 40%.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been getting a box of halves per week for 4 weeks now, and no silver yet.

3 proofs, one gold plated Bicentennial, and two magicians. I did get 1 40% from a teller tray.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but it would be nice to find at least one. The tellers act like they are doing you some big favor. I have some CDs there, and they pay me 0.3% interest. Cashed one out last week teller says we will have to penalize you one month's interest,( on 6k ), it was $1.24. :BangHead:

If you just cashed out a $6K CD then I would use that money to CRH. I just started ordering boxes of halves in Dec. & searched an average of 24 boxes per week, and let me tell you I found more Ag worth 8) and its melt value is much greater than any interest I could have earned in 2 1/2 months on even the highest risk money market, CD, etc. (in other words any interest bearing account).

You can make the money work for you, but obviously you have to put the effort forth to go through the increased volume. I was a bit slow at first but found ways to increase my efficiency. You would be surprised how much more you find when you up your volume.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like, and agree with the advice FloridaFinder just posted...

Work your way up, but increase that volume... especially if you have money thats just sitting otherwise... put that money to work...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread