Just got atp pro, should i get pinpointer or 5x8 coil?

As many have already advised the pointer is more important. I've got the ATP with stock coil and a pin pointer. Might get the smaller coil at some point but I've been doing ok with the stock so far. It would suck using either coil, with out the pin pointer.

Howdy...

The Pro pointer is a must. The 5x8 coil is one of those things you didn't know ya need until you use it, then you will never understand how you went without.

I would get in touch with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. Dude is great to do business with.

HINT: His website states "always CALL for our best deals!" So do that. CALL!

He responded to an email I sent late one night that i intended for him to get the next morning... I got an almost instant response. if i remember correctly it was like 10PM!

Also, make sure to mention TNET!

Bart set me up with my Pro Pointer & AT Pro, with a FREE Lesche... A few weeks later he squared me away with a 5x8 with a coil cover AND shaft... A complete lower assembly for quick swaps.

He ships the same day as ordered, and I got both my orders within 48 hours.

I am not the type to put someone on a pedestal, but the guy deserves it with the way he conducts business.

Haha, this actually reminded me of my stored away unused standard coil setup... Maybe I should pass it along to someone for a great price to fund some other detecting goodies... I've had my eye on the headphone adapter!

My 2 cents, Good luck with whatever ya decide on!

Yes that headphone adapter looks nice as well, my daughters have all kinda if headphones and ear buds kicking around , I was thinking of cutting the connector off the Garrett stock headset and soldering it into one if the better ear budds sitting around, has anyone tried useing those ear budds? Nice and light and look better than a big set of Mickey Mouse ears on ur head,
Also I've been detecting for many years and wondering should I start out in pro mode or std?2 more days then I can get out and try it

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Yes that headphone adapter looks nice as well, my daughters have all kinda if headphones and ear buds kicking around , I was thinking of cutting the connector off the Garrett stock headset and soldering it into one if the better ear budds sitting around, has anyone tried useing those ear budds? Nice and light and look better than a big set of Mickey Mouse ears on ur head,
Also I've been detecting for many years and wondering should I start out in pro mode or std?2 more days then I can get out and try it

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

PRO mode for sure. Iron audio always on!

Start straight out in PRO mode. It's a simple detector to learn and PRO will give you all the info you need.

After work went out to an old ball park and did some swinging
Dug one hole and had trouble locating a penny. With out my Harbor Freight pin pointer I would not have spotted it. Had to sift through 3 times
My brother has the
Pro Pointer and that is tops if you have the cash

I have a Pro Pointer and it's the cats a$$, but I also have Cent-Tech as a back up, I've scanned holes already dig and found coins missed, I wouldn't hunt without one...

I am going to jump in here too, and say Pro-Pointer... and when money is available go for the coil. I love my coil but I would miss so many things without that Pro-Pointer.

Howdy...

The Pro pointer is a must. The 5x8 coil is one of those things you didn't know ya need until you use it, then you will never understand how you went without.

I would get in touch with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. Dude is great to do business with.

HINT: His website states "always CALL for our best deals!" So do that. CALL!

He responded to an email I sent late one night that i intended for him to get the next morning... I got an almost instant response. if i remember correctly it was like 10PM!

Also, make sure to mention TNET!

Bart set me up with my Pro Pointer & AT Pro, with a FREE Lesche... A few weeks later he squared me away with a 5x8 with a coil cover AND shaft... A complete lower assembly for quick swaps.

He ships the same day as ordered, and I got both my orders within 48 hours.

I am not the type to put someone on a pedestal, but the guy deserves it with the way he conducts business.

Haha, this actually reminded me of my stored away unused standard coil setup... Maybe I should pass it along to someone for a great price to fund some other detecting goodies... I've had my eye on the headphone adapter!

My 2 cents, Good luck with whatever ya decide on!

Thank you Sir! I am here for you Guys and Gals!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back