Garrett Super Sniper or 5x8 coil for AT Pro

twisttop

Jan 22, 2014
Eastern Wa. State
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher Goldbug, Whites coinmaster pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on detecting an old baseball field that was used from the 1930's to the 1950's. I detected the area before and left frustrated and skunked using the stock ATP 8.5 x 11 coil due to the huge amount of bottle caps that were there. I want to try it again, this time using a smaller coil for all the bottle caps that are there and to be able to pick out copper and silver targets. I previously found wheat pennies around this area. The oldest being a 1919. Would the concentric Super Sniper coil work better in the bottle cap infested area than the 5x8 DD coil in this situation? There is not a issue with Aluminum pull tabs at this location.

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say the 5 x 8 would be better choice. I have the 5 x 8 on my AT and have hunted in some really trashy parks with good results, have only taken the coil of one time in the last 6 months. The supper sniper is good around fences and bleachers where there is a lot of above ground metal.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread