Just had to share this.....

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
One of my son's homework assignments was to write about a journey. They could do it from home to school or vice versa. They had to talk about the native plants, animals and even the weather on their journey....this is what my son wrote....(I am typing it exactly as he wrote it)

"....Today is a historic day, I set off for school. I see many trees as I go on my way. Many strange people in strange machines, they are yellow and look like huge canoes but yellow with a roof. As I look in I see some creatures inside. Must be a new species, I describe them and somewhat tan-pink with fleshy skin. They look oddly familiar. Again I see more trees, it's a cold day, and snow is starting. I decide to camp out. When I wake up snow is everywhere. It's like a winter wonderland. After a fine time making crew and a fort, Fort Wonderland, I continue my journey. After a while I meet a tribe, a tribe I call the snowmelts because they make the snow melt around them. They have odd customs like taking the snow and throwing it at each other, and also taking it and pouring food coloring over it. They then eat it, I tried some and it tastes great. I decided I would set up a trade with them. I traded some of my supplies for more flavored snowballs as I call them. Not too far I make a fort called Fort Snowmelt, because the natives that lived there. As I venture onward the snow melts and its summer. I meet another tribe, a tribe named springtime warns me about further mountains, and also a native joins my party, her name is Sacagawea. We leave our canoes behind as we trade for horses to get over the treacherous mountains. As we climb higher we loose food, and just when all hope is lost, we make it to the other side. We trade horses with a nearby tribe for food and continue on our way. Its foggy out and the mosquitos now are buzzing around us, we can barely sleep. But somehow we survive the night and the fog clears. We hear a strange sound, the sound of bells! We had made it to the school! I make a fort and name the fort, Fort Independence. As we head back we hike up the mountains, claim our canoes back, sail back down we see more strange machines going our direction too, the same ones. When we finally get back we give all our information and specimens. Everyone had given up hope on us but after 7 hours we are finally back. Its good to be home........."

It was very hard typing this without wanting to correct errors ;D.....what an imagination he has! He's always been so great at writing and his artistic abilites are awesome. Maybe we will have a future writer / artist in our mist!!!

Thanks for reading....I love sharing the amazing things my kids come up with....!!!
A Proud Mom, Annmarie :thumbsup:

S

seger98

That is an imagination, as I read it I thought maybe you lived like somewhere in North Dakota, then I see you are from Virgina Beach. LOL

All those forts & trading, great story

Chris

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story :icon_study: some parts are very familiar.:wink:
Senior in college right ? :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
AnnMarie you definitely have a child with a great imagination! Thanks so much for sharing his adventure story with us! :icon_study:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
To a Proud Mom, AnnMarie,

That is a wonderful story. It doesshow a definate ability to be a storyteller. I'll bet he got a good mark for that one. It is well put together. Congrats to him on a fine job.

Thanks for sharing

Ray

P S

I have a 16 year old niece that has started writing children's stories and putting them on the internet. It is a specialplace for young writers where they have contests and other ways to encourage young people to improve their
writing skills. Maybe your son might want to try out something like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread