GreenMeanie
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jun 3, 2006
- Messages
- 716
- Reaction score
- 309
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- TreasureTerrain.com
- Detector(s) used
- XP DEUS II
Manticore
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Drove out to meet a guy and just brought home a Excalibur 1000.
I had one before and the threshold drove me a little nuts the way it comes off targets.
But for the price I came back to the dark side. He had a chest mount for it and looks like maybe he made it? But I won't be using it. I will be mounting it to a DFX rod I have and putting on the knob protector and stand.
Might throw a couple more different color knobs on it to make it a little different.
It sat for two years should I change the rubber O-rings or just re grease them?
I had one before and the threshold drove me a little nuts the way it comes off targets.
But for the price I came back to the dark side. He had a chest mount for it and looks like maybe he made it? But I won't be using it. I will be mounting it to a DFX rod I have and putting on the knob protector and stand.
Might throw a couple more different color knobs on it to make it a little different.
It sat for two years should I change the rubber O-rings or just re grease them?
Attachments
Upvote
0

Sent it back to factory and after a couple of weeks got it back and reassembled it but didn't get to use it till end of September at a favored water hole. I wear it in a hip mount configuration and after about 30 minutes it started to act irregular. I changed battery pack and turned it on and it was D-E-A-D. I thought what the heck? Examining the battery pack and it occurred to me there was an inch of water inside the electronics. The air shook from my rage.
Got home and sent it right back about October 5th. Got it back two weeks later, explanation that the end cap that coil wire passes through broke, (see photo) allowing water to enter housing. I reassembled it and turned it on. Nothing! Called Minelab and spoke with repairmen who worked on it and he asked me this and that and still nothing so it was returned.
Got it back today, reassembled and turned it on and it works like new again. Problem was a broken headphone wire. Lost 4 months of warm water hunting.









