Just Purchased a Silver uMax! Any Tips from Experienced Users?

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just purchased my first Tesoro - a Silver uMax. I was just going to get a Compadre but the extra features offered in the Silver for the extra $100 bucks pushed me to the Silver Umax.

I plan on using it at Parks. Any tips from other SIlver users? How do you like your Silver Umax?

Upvote 0

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was 40 degrees today. Got a call from a friend to come hunt. There is a rural community nearby that was a federal winter camp. 1863-64. Not much left. Its been detected for 45 years. There is still a chance of hitting a small pocket and finding something in the big fields that housed 20,000 men for four months. I had a problem with my main machine. I got the back up out. It's a umax Silver. The guy with me was using a $2,500 MineLab. I held my own with the Silver. Its a wonderful detector. What do you want to know ? Put the disc on iron , turn the sensitivity almost full then back off a bit and hunt !

Last edited:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roaddust 66 pretty well hit it. Take time to swing the coil over different trash targets and coins, thumbing the disc knob until you get a feel for and recognize where the tones change and fall out. With time you can become pretty accurate on whether or not the target is a coin or trash.
luvsdux

OP
OP
M

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I hear nothing but good things about the SilverU. I think I'm going to have fun! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread