Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the Summer of 1924-capped dump today and for the first time ever was able to dig all the way to the bottom (pretty sure it's the bottom) without it flooding. Over 3 feet deep - a mud layer followed by a sand layer then an ash layer and finally a clay layer on the bottom. The best things sitting just above the clay layer.
20211001_004043.jpg

Found a hand-tooled Rex Tomato Ketchup bottle, never seen one like this before, must be one of the oldest they made, an A-1 sauce bottle, also very early, a very nice Milk of Magnesia bottle, an original Mazda National (Westinghouse) 35Watt lightbulb completely intact even with filament and brass Edison screw (I'm tempted to see if it will still work).
20211001_000044.jpg

(The best finds, I painted the embossing after cleaning them)

Also found a Dundee Marmalade jar, it was located in the lowest part of the hole and it's peices were scatted horizontally so I had to undermine the hole to find them, I found 4 peices and reconstructed the jar as best I could but there are still probably at least 3 smaller peices missing that I will hopefully find one day and complete the rare jar with.
20211001_005215.jpg

20211001_005238.jpg

Upvote 15

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the Summer of 1924-capped dump today and for the first time ever was able to dig all the way to the bottom (pretty sure it's the bottom) without it flooding. Over 3 feet deep - a mud layer followed by a sand layer then an ash layer and finally a clay layer on the bottom. The best things sitting just above the clay layer.
View attachment 1982835
Found a hand-tooled Rex Tomato Ketchup bottle, never seen one like this before, must be one of the oldest they made, an A-1 sauce bottle, also very early, a very nice Milk of Magnesia bottle, an original Mazda National (Westinghouse) 35Watt lightbulb completely intact even with filament and brass Edison screw (I'm tempted to see if it will still work).
View attachment 1982836

Also found a Dundee Marmalade jar, it was located in the lowest part of the hole and it's peices were scatted horizontally so I had to undermine the hole to find them, I found 4 peices and reconstructed the jar as best I could but there are still probably at least 3 smaller peices missing that I will hopefully find one day and complete the rare jar with.
View attachment 1982837

View attachment 1982838
Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1982835
View attachment 1982836

View attachment 1982837

View attachment 1982838
Really nice intact finds! Love the painted embossing. When my kids were little they thought A 1 was AL. So we still call it AL sauce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread