What's new

Just started. Off to a decent start...

changedman

Greenie
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I just began my career as a roll hunter a couple of months ago. I haven't ordered a box of halves yet, but I have been raiding banks for the halves they have to/from work, passing through town, visiting relatives out of town, etc...
I have amassed around $1,200 worth of halves and have found three 90%ers and 7 40%ers. The funny thing is that I found three 90%ers and two 40%ers in ONE $10 ROLL!!!
I'm ready to order a box from my bank, and plan to return them to a branch of my bank that isn't too far away and has a change counting machine.

Q: Do any of you have advice/pointers on how to order a box of halves? Do you ask the teller or the bank manager? Do they take long to come in? Do you have to do any further explanation?

Thanks for all the help, and good hunting to all.
 
Upvote 0
1.just ask to order a $500 box of halves...they should be familiar with this request, but b prepared cuz some banks have a minimum order of $1,000 w/ halves.
2. just ask a teller, tho they may have to consult a manager, but not usually.
3. it will usually take 1-5 days to come in, but for me they r usually around 3.
4. if they ask what u need them for, DO NOT SAY U COLLECT SILVER!!!, just say u are a coin collector, and if they ask u to be specific, tell them u fill up coin albums! otherwise, they might start cherrypicking silver, leaving none for us CRH'ers.
hope this helps, and good luck on ur boxes!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom