Just the new guy

Aaròn1

Jun 21, 2011
Hello all.. I am new to metal detecting and could use some help. I whent out a bought a Whites Coin Master. Have found a lot of newer stuff but nothing old, looking in old places but. Wanted to see if you guys think the Detecter i have is any good? seems like all coins i find are only about 4in. I starting to think thats as deep as it gos. So could i just be going right over the better deeper stuff?

Thanks

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME TO THE INSANITY!!!!!

It is only going to get worse from here on out.

Many great and old finds do occur at 4 inches or less. As you use you machine more, the depth from which you find things will probably increase. The more time you spend with your current machine, the better you will get with it. Stay with it, listen to what it tells you and take notes.

One of the other major factors is location, location, and location. The more research that you do, the more likely you are to find areas that were heavily used 60 or more years ago and look like nothing today. Like most people will agree, no place is ever hunted out. The more trash you remove from the ground at the shallow depths will let you find the targets that are just a little deeper.

I am sure that others will chime in and help you on your journey.

Approximately where are you located in the US? Some areas have "hot" soil and high minerals that could be working against you.

Good Luck!!

Bob

Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oie_2252128yGvdZ9c1.gif

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to treasurenet!!!! Sounds like your doing Good Remember keep your Coil low, Don't Discriminate And Have Fun!!!!

Currently My wife is out with Me And she is learning fast!!!!! I'm hearing Impaired which makes it A whole nother Game But Having Red with Me Is Slowly Changing What I dig She can Hear the Difference In the tones :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: and Hear the Really Faint ones!!!!! So as I say Dig everything Except Iron Unless red Says Different!!!!

I know What about your Hearing aid!!!!!

Yes I have one but when I'm Congested up It Is Painful to Use!!!! HH Chug and reds beautiful!!!!!

OP
OP
A

Aaròn1

Jun 21, 2011
Thank You for the encouragement. I am located in Martin County FL.. I think i am going to check an old Battlefield from The first Seminole War in Okeechobee, Florida. I am working on getting permission to get access to the field. Will post any thing i find, if i get out there Today.

Thanks All

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006