What's new

Just Wonderin How many silvers have you picked out of your change (past20yrs)?

jader44

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
52
Reaction score
39
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my 20 years of actually paying attention to it and 5 years working customer service window at the post office ive run across one silver quarter and about 5 dimes. i look every time i have change probably have hundreds of wheats and only one indian head
 
In the last twenty years I have found about five or six silver roosies in my change, maybe one silver quarter. I found a lot more red EF wheaties, those dont get snatched up so quickly when the collection hits circulation after the "aquisition".
 
The past 20 years? Not much at all. I think I found 1 quarter and a couple dimes. If you go back another 5 - 10 years I found quite a few. I was working
as a clerk at a beer and soda outlet, and you would not believe how many people would spend their coin collection to get some booze. I gathered quite a few
quarters and dimes dating around 1907-1927, 100's of wheat pennies, and I know of 1 morgan silver dollar dated 1897. I remember an older woman maybe in
her 70's came in with rolls of coins that had been collected by her deceased husband. She asked if I would mind taking them to buy beer and soda and save
her a trip to the bank. I agreed and accepted a roll of dimes and 10 rolls of pennies. She was a little short in coins for what she wanted to buy, so she then pulled
out some $1 Silver certificates. Over the next few weeks she returned with more coins and older paper money for booze. I never found anything of great value
in the coins, but it sure gave me a quick start in my coin collection.
 
Change? What's that?

I don't get rewards points for using change.
 
Two silver quarters last summer, from 2 different gas stations, 25 miles apart, within 2 weeks of each other.
 
gleaner1 said:
In the last twenty years I have found about five or six silver roosies in my change, maybe one silver quarter. I found a lot more red EF wheaties, those dont get snatched up so quickly when the collection hits circulation after the "aquisition".

My experience is about the same.

Used to get the occasional Merc when I was delivering newspapers . . . but that's nearer twice 20 years ago. ::)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom