Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: Karma works in mysterious ways

Today, I was happy to return this pendant to it's owner. . . a firefighter for the Mt. Prospect Fire Department who had given this to his son almost 9-years ago.

MPFD Pendant.jpg

This past Sunday I got the urge to hunt a 1960's 10-acre park about 15-minutes away from where I live.
I had found a few 1950's silvers there a year or so ago so I thought what the heck, maybe there's still a few more to be had.

No more than 15-minutes into my hunt, I got a perfect 50-cent hit and I wasn't disappointed. . . a 1962 Franklin was at the bottom of the hole.

Today, Monday, I was at a another park a few blocks away. After several clad dimes, I got a nice silver quarter hit that turned out to be a sterling pendant with the name of a local city fire department and a badge number (which I removed from the photo). When I got home, I emailed the fire chief a photo of the pendant asking if he knew who this might belong to. Within two hours, I received a call from its owner at the fire department. He was beyond happy. Turns out, he had this pendant made for his son 9-years ago and his son lost it at the park I was at. Sometime this week his son will have his pendant back.

So, what's mysterious about this Karma? I should have found that Franklin Half tomorrow.

Thanks for looking. . .

Mt Prospect Silver.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2
Nice save! And great that you located the owner. The Franklin half and war nickel are terrific finds also. Should take a picture of the owner's face when you hand it back to him.

Nice big silver, way to go on the Pendant...BillT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back