What's new

Kayleighs Marble finds...

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
684
Golden Thread
1
Location
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this on todys finds and was asked to post it here too....howdy since i was asked by a few people about the marbles here are the newest ones kayleigh has found over the last year or so she found 2 today and theres 27 altogether to add to the display so its more thn the 20 i thought we found.. we ave.1-2 marbles a trip on one trip she found 5 1/2 marbles thats the best day so far... when it rains the creek bed moves alot and we go a couple days later after it rains and we always get some goodies. she's proud of her marble collection... we now call the spot the "marble factory" in honor of a t-netter who would begrudge a 10 year olds marble finds!! Smiley hh all jd


the marble display are the other marbles she's found in the creek over a 4 yr. period...thanks
 

Attachments

  • 100_0346a.webp
    100_0346a.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 468
  • 100_0347a.webp
    100_0347a.webp
    49 KB · Views: 436
  • 100_0346a.webp
    100_0346a.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 465
  • 100_0347a.webp
    100_0347a.webp
    49 KB · Views: 457
Those are stunning..

That's what happens when someone finds a site that has'nt been worked over. One of these days I'd like to look over my old school yard. That was Mildred Morrow Elementary School in Tustin,Ca. I started my first year of school there in 1951. I recall playing in the dirt school yard and it was literally blanketed with marbles that'd been left there over many years by children before my generation. I have a vivid memory of turning these old marbles over in my hand,holding them up to the sunlight. And wondering how the adults who made the marbles got the worlds-within-worlds panorama inside the marbles. There were times I was so transfixed by this I did'nt hear the end of recess school bell ring. I would look up from holding/caressing a marble and find I was the only 5 or 6 year old kid sitting alone on the dirt out there on the playground. All the other kids had gone back to kindergarten class to play with numbered wooden blcks,etc.
 
shes a lot like her `ol man isnt she! :thumbsup: nice collection!
 
Man mega congrats to your lil marble hunter!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom