What's new

2026 looking good so far

CreekSide

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
27,018
Golden Thread
0
I went out a couple of days ago to a creek I have only found 1 point in 2 years. We had a big flood, lots of rain and the river flow was off so it just ran straight through all the beaver dams and busted them out. Gravel bars like crazy which was a nice change. I actually found quite a few interesting things even a piece of pottery and a Savannah River base not pictured. My favorite find of the day was the red flake tool with the notch. I believe it’s a cordage tool for cutting and stripping.
NW Georgia
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7296.webp
    IMG_7296.webp
    828.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_7297.webp
    IMG_7297.webp
    367.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7304.webp
    IMG_7304.webp
    250.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7301.webp
    IMG_7301.webp
    325.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_7299.webp
    IMG_7299.webp
    418 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7298.webp
    IMG_7298.webp
    467.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7308.webp
    IMG_7308.webp
    408 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
I looked in some creeks when I was younger, found a few. Most of the ones around my areas are sandy with no gravel bars. I actually found my first point in a creek.
 
I don’t know if I don’t have the eye or my creeks just aren’t good but I’ve been skunked every time I walk a creek. Nice finds always good to come home with a pocket full
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom