What's new

Kentucky Headhunting - Cant get ANY BETTER! (new pics

trevmma

Bronze Member
Joined
May 23, 2006
Messages
1,122
Reaction score
683
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

So, the wife and gave us the weekend to go field hunting and we decided to head south to Kentucky.

Rather than hitting a bar for St. Patty's Day OR attending the artifact show in Collinsville, Shane (flint-seeker) and I headed down to Kentucky.

This is the results of 2 fields walked over over Saturday afternoon and Sunday from 11AM until 2:30PM.

Words can't explain how great this weekend was for both of us. BEAUTIFUL county, perfect weather and phenomenal field conditions.

Saturday's hi-lights were a broken, drilled pick bannerstone and about a 2.5 inch thin archaic side notch.


this color is completly natural now, wow cant believe how dark they get after pulling them out of a field!!
IMAG0852.jpg

Sunday, we founds lots of flint, then Shane found a total of 3 broken axes (he never found ONE!) and then I found this KILLER pestle, completely polished. All in all, 21 complete points and hafted scrapers, ALOT of brokes.THEN......

Right before leaving, I found the find of my lifetime. I have it all on video, but we are driving home as we speak (Shane's a tech geek, so I have internet on the way home on his laptop).

Videos to come soon - especially the footage of my gorget...

AMAZING TIME, BEST WEEKEND HUNT OF THE PAST 7 YEARS OF HUNTING!
 

Attachments

  • land.webp
    land.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,942
  • brokes.webp
    brokes.webp
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,953
  • drilled.webp
    drilled.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,960
  • in-situ.webp
    in-situ.webp
    63 KB · Views: 2,044
  • dirty.webp
    dirty.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,022
  • pestle-gorget.webp
    pestle-gorget.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,039
  • group-complete.webp
    group-complete.webp
    84.1 KB · Views: 2,026
Upvote 0
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

It is great to see you up on the top.
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

For what it's worth, if the admins of this website would like a higher resolution image to use for the banner image above I'd be happy to share it with you. Just shoot me a private message.

Thank you,

Shane, AKA: flint-seeker or "Friend of the gorget finder" ;)
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

Trevma,
Congrats on the banner.
After careful thought and asking some well known slate collectors, I am confident the expanded center is an early Hopewell piece. As a matter of form, the piece screams Hopewell in every feature except the drilling. Research tells me that there are examples of Early/Transitional Hopewell slate forms with classic Adena drilling. Adena and Hopewell are a rare example where there is solid archaeological evidence that the cultures co-existed and had direct interaction with each other.
My Two Cents,
Jon Dickinson
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

Fantastic...hard to top that find...or that hunt!! Congrats!!
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

Awesome hunt!!
Nice finds. The Kirk is sweet.
I say Banner on the gorget!
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

Killer hunt !
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

Wow Wow Wow is all I can say. Been hunting points my whole life and that is gorget is Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Brian
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

Congrats on that beauty gorget Trevor, that is a finf of a lifetime.
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

im still waiting to wake, up. i mean the front of the piece is the most perfect artifact i have ever seen and i found it in a dang field, it feels like a dang marble. thanks everyone for the banner, i have got close a few times
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

:icon_thumleft: Great finds !!!!!!!! Congradulations on the BANNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

:headbang:
JUST AWESOME!!! I AM BLOWN AWAY!!!
 
Re: Kentucky Headhunting - Can't get ANY BETTER! (new pics

thanks guys
 
TREVMMA,

I COPIED THE PIC THAT WE WERE DISCUSSING AND TRIED TO MARK THE AREA SO YOU CAN
SEE WHAT I PM'd YOU ABOUT. I HOPE THIS WORKS.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

MIKEL

GREAT! IT SHRUNK!!
YOU WILL HAVE TO BLOW THIS BACK UP, ON YOUR END, I GUESS.DRILLED WITH EAGLE.webp
 
Great finds. Finally a complete gorget posted...so tough to find in a field. It looks like a salvaged bannerstone that you also found.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom