Key date Seated Quarter, Buckles, Chinese Coin and old Oregon License Plate

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Got permission to do a field behind an older house. No research or anything just a complete shot in the dark. Encouraged by finding some square nails, kept at it and found this one and only coin. Shocked to find a nice 1856 seated quarter and the "S" mint mark is extra special on this one.

The other finds were found near a creek where a lot of mining activity has been going on since the mid 1800's. The Chinese coin and buckles were found within 2 or 3 ft of one another. The license plate was found on the way back to my car as I was calling it a day.

Looks like the Chinese coin was made when Qianlong was emperor (1736-1795) if I'm doing my research correctly.

Attachments

• seated quarter 1856.jpg
    seated quarter 1856.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 191
  • seated quarter 1856S rev.jpg
    seated quarter 1856S rev.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 167
  • tomahawk oregon licese plate 1922.jpg
    tomahawk oregon licese plate 1922.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 155
  • tomahawk chinese coin.jpg
    tomahawk chinese coin.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 126
  • tomahawk buckles.jpg
    tomahawk buckles.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 13
Nice finds, every one of them Winslow. But whats this about a "key date"?

Yup that is a damn nice coin and low mintage with the S. Congrats on some very nice finds. Sometimes ya just gotta get out there and dig some holes. You never know where the good stuff is hiding

Beautiful coin! congrats!

Very very nice key seated ! But if you are able to find the center of the buckle I think you will have an even better find ! Nice stuff ! MaineRelic

Very nice coin! Great hunt for a shot in the dark...hope you get back

Nice digs. The seated looks real nice, awesome plate.

Very nice seated quarter. Those things are a work of art. Congrats.

That license plate is in awesome shape for being 92 years old! I found a RI plate from 1959 the other day and it was toast. Great find!

Those buckles are my vote for find of the day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back