What's new

Key Help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Any idea what this key would go to? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 016.webp
    016.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 018.webp
    018.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 265
Wow, I have never seen a car key look like this. Was there something attached to the end of the key?
 
Upvote 0
Eddie Lomax said:
Ford, Lincoln & Mercury, probably 1960's and newer.

EDIT---After looking online, I see that a foreign car also used a double sided key, but I don't know what it was.

Yep automotive type key. A friend had a Fiat (70's) with a key like that, but I think the American car makers went to that style in the late 70's early 80's. Tony
 
Upvote 0
That key is a GM product . It use to have a plastic head on it. The numbers on the head is the code for the key cuts.
 
Upvote 0
Looks to be a 10 cut double sided. The number stamped on it is the code for cutting a duplicate key to the proper depths and spaces. My guess is either a B86 or a B89 for a GM product. That style leads me to believe that this was an original key to the vehicle from the factory/dealer.

Best,
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. I know no a little more about automotive keys. ;D
:hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Keychainman said:
That key is a GM product . It use to have a plastic head on it. The numbers on the head is the code for the key cuts.
I agree :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
wonder how they got the car home when they lost that key?
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom