Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been watching people swim in this spot for years and never thought to check it. This spot is getting more popular every day so I went and gave it a go. Ive been battling a cold so I did not bring the snorkel gear, wish I did. spent from ten to noon there in knee deep water and was impressed with the high concentration of hits in such a small area. Guy walked up and said he lost a gold coin and chain here ten years ago. Cant wait to get back with snorkel gear. Found 65 coins, 2 cheap plated hoop earrings, 1 nice 18k and emerald earring, and a very small 10k ring. Not bad for 2 hours work !!! photo-428.JPG
photo-431.JPG
photo-429.JPG
photo-432.JPG
photo-430.JPG
If I can muster enough strength im gonna hit a depression era site later. Got a good hit at the bottom of an old cistern. Gonna have to squeeze down in there. This spot is screaming "hidden cache" !! Darn flu has got me drained. Got one week to hit my spots before I have to go back to the bahamas.

Wow I am sick I forgot a cotume earring and a small silver toe ring. photo-433.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to shovel a path through the snow so the propane guy could fill my tank. Not bad for 2 hours. Ha!!!! Your report made me ponder my geographic choices....

Nice ring/report/pics!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Nice finds! I'd be digging out the snorkle gear and heading back as early as possible to get in there before everyone started showing up. Congrats and hope you score some more!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dreams of gold coins dancing in your head- it will be hard to sleep.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dreams of gold coins dancing in your head- it will be hard to sleep.

Yes.... your right. Sick or not sick im gonna have to get all the way in and look for that coin. I got your pm ill send you my number. Call me when your not soaring around cay sal, maybe we can team up.

Last edited:

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a really good start i wish you more there when you get better.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do love Emeralds. Congrats on the Silver and Gold.
I hope you find that Gold Coin.
Congrats on a really good hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread