What's new

Key manufacturing tool ? (solved)

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I searched a site with a friend yesterday were we were finding quite a few skeleton keys.I also found this thing that looks to be some type of tool.Could it have been used to make the keys or some type of master key maybe ? It has a brass body and three iron "blades" Thanks !
 

Attachments

  • MVC-021S.webp
    MVC-021S.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 766
  • MVC-022S.webp
    MVC-022S.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 772
  • MVC-023S.webp
    MVC-023S.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 769
Re: Key manufacturing tool ?

It looks to be the bolt out of an old mortise lock to me, thing is the ones I've seen have been solid metal either iron or brass. I'll dig around and see if I can find one similar to it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Key manufacturing tool ?

It does look like a mortise lock bolt. Maybe the "split end" would only line up to open the bolt with the correct key. Just a thought.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Key manufacturing tool ?

After a bit of thought, I'd say an old lock bolt for certain.....The iron parts would be iron to keep them from wearing out over time. It's pretty cool, seeing as I've rebuilt at least a hundred of those locks and haven't seen a bolt like that .
 
Upvote 0
Re: Key manufacturing tool ?

Thanks y'all.I think ya'll got it ! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom