What's new

Keyway maybe

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all found this today in and old park it is fixed in leather. I'm not sure if it went to a saddle or a briefcase. Thanks in advance for any help with id
 

Attachments

  • detect 029.webp
    detect 029.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 315
  • detect 030.webp
    detect 030.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 311
I don't think it is a key way, but don't know whatyou call it. Something with a post with a bolt like head slides in it and locks in place to attach it.

sort of like HP 618 and 620 in this picture in function, though not the same.
clasp1.JPG
 
Upvote 0
I agree with you Ramitt it looks like some sort of keyhole hanger with a lock to keep the post from coming out. Perhaps it is from some sort of horse/mule team rigging, wagon rigging, farm implement rigging or something like that.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom