What's new

Killer Day Relic Hunting!! Pocket Watch and Fire Department Badge!!

VTColonialDigger

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2016
Messages
856
Reaction score
2,266
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
Detector(s) used
XP ORX, Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had an absolutely killer day relic hunting! Went detecting after lunch and had one of the best hunts I've ever had (for the amount of time given).

relicsfoundatlamberton'sgroup.webp
Here it all is!

pewtertombacbutton.webp
Front of a Beautiful pewter tombac button (only relic I dug at my house, the rest I dug at a friend's house.)

suspenderclip.webp
Cool suspender clip I found (always love to find them!)

completedrawerpull.webp
This drawer pull was one of the first targets I dug. A furniture maker I know told me this is from a Hepplewhite piece. Also told me that it dates 1790s-1830s

anchorbutton.webp
Found this cool little anchor button. Possibly navy??

pocket watch.webp
This is my first pocket watch. It isn't in the best of shape, but still a cool find!

poultneyfdbadge.webp
And last, but definitely not least is the fire department badge! On the front it says: Poultney, Hose, 1, Poultney, VT. On the back it says: J.M. Bushey. I am guessing this is the firefighter it belonged to. This badge is from a nearby town. I am guessing that it is from the early 1900s.



Thank You for taking the the time to read this long post!!
 
Upvote 20
nice hunt for sure!
 
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
I love the badge, great group of finds. I would sure like to find one of those. Congrats on the nice hunt! I would keep at that site:)
 
All these finds (except the button) I found on just a side lawn and there is still a bunch of lawn left! Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Great finds, but the badge is awesome! Maybe you could research the name and learn about the man that wore it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom