What's new

Killer side notch, thanks unusually warm November! !

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
1,567
Reaction score
2,161
Golden Thread
0
Location
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been abnormally warm this November, hunting has been a bust for me this year, as I have a blown out shoulder. Next week the Montana winter is supposed to rear it's ugly head finally, so I thought today would be the last chance to get out and look for some points. Found a nice base right away, then the beautiful side notch, just laying there next to a huge boulder! Later found a nice knife/scraper and almost missed the practically invisible quartz scraper, too bad it was broken! =(
 

Attachments

  • 1479087568294.webp
    1479087568294.webp
    133 KB · Views: 106
  • 1479087583632.webp
    1479087583632.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 1479087599094.webp
    1479087599094.webp
    150.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 1479087614086.webp
    1479087614086.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 1479087629986.webp
    1479087629986.webp
    40 KB · Views: 95
  • 1479087642113.webp
    1479087642113.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 1479087654828.webp
    1479087654828.webp
    110.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 1479087667947.webp
    1479087667947.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 1479087691401.webp
    1479087691401.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 1479087704495.webp
    1479087704495.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 1479087716379.webp
    1479087716379.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
I meant corner notch , lol, I must be getting old!
 
That is a real beauty... I hope it's enough to see you through the winter!! Who knows, maybe you'll get a warm spell and have another great hunt!
 
Really nice finds! Beautiful Shot of the point against that landscape.
 
Those are amazing, really good hunt and nice country.
 
Very Nice! :thumbsup: It has been rather nice here also. Went out last week and found a nice knife and chopper.
 
That base looks like it was a nice Oxbow made of KRF.

Very Nice finds!
 
Wow that Quartz looks like glass, super cool!
 
That base looks like it was a nice Oxbow made of KRF.

Very Nice finds!
KRF, does that stand for Knife River Flint? I would not doubt that it could be, however I know of three sources of flint in my part of the state, one being less than 15 miles from this site! Is there any distinct features that might help me know? That base is a little more dark red than the flint from here....... Btw, I have found quite a bit of oxbow points from here! I definitely think this was a multi culture used site, as I have found oxbow, side notches, now a corner notch, plainveiw or green river bases, etc.!
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking maybe pelican lake or hogback? If anyone thinks something else let me know! I have been labeling my finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom