What's new

✅ SOLVED King George III Dice

phogan87

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 19, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
I’ve had these dice tucked away in my collection for about a decade now. Based on the material, the patina, the wear, and the stamp itself I have always given into the notion that they were authentic, however, I thought I would post this photo and see if anybody new enough to either agree or disagree with this assumption. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (The second image was digitally manipulated so that the stamp could be seen better)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5252.webp
    IMG_5252.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5253.webp
    IMG_5253.webp
    991.1 KB · Views: 116
Clearly, they are old dice, but what makes you believe they are from
the era of George III?
 
Upvote 0
I suppose I don’t. I just saw the GR in the crown and assumed they were from the reign of King George the third. Is this a wrong assumption?
 
Upvote 0
I suppose I don’t. I just saw the GR in the crown and assumed they were from the reign of King George the third. Is this a wrong assumption?
I guess I just assumed they were from the stamp act at 1765…
 
Upvote 0
... notion that they were authentic...anybody new enough to either agree or disagree with this assumption...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the insight. Is there any reason to believe that there not authentic? I teach history and like to bring a lot of of artifacts in class, but I would never wanna pass anything off as genuine if it wasn’t. Like I said, the patina the fact that the stamp is on the side with the six pips and the material seems to indicate that it is, but who knows…
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the insight. Is there any reason to believe that there not authentic? I teach history and like to bring a lot of of artifacts in class, but I would never wanna pass anything off as genuine if it wasn’t. Like I said, the patina the fact that the stamp is on the side with the six pips and the material seems to indicate that it is, but who knows…
They do look like the real deal to me anyways.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the insight. Is there any reason to believe that there not authentic? I teach history and like to bring a lot of of artifacts in class, but I would never wanna pass anything off as genuine if it wasn’t. Like I said, the patina the fact that the stamp is on the side with the six pips and the material seems to indicate that it is, but who knows…
I don't know why anyone would want to fake them, if they were faked I would say it was done during the stamp act period to avoid paying the tax and could be worth more than real ones, so I say they're real to one extend or another!
 
Upvote 0
My only concern are the piles of colonial dice with the Kings stamp that seem to exist out there on the Internet. People buy them, so there are people out there who will fake them.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5265.webp
    IMG_5265.webp
    106.2 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
Someone asked me privately where I got these… I got them from a professor in Washington.
 
Upvote 0
Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom