king george V

Haven't found a cent (plenty of George VIs though) but did manage to find a George V nickel (1935 I think) stuck to the magnet of a coin counter.

Nice. I got a few of the old VI nickels for 50¢ apiece from a coworker. I've got almost all the cents from 35-2012 just need earlier and like 2004&7 or something odd like that

Any one ever find the Canadian king George the fifth in boxes of us cents?? He is the one that is on the 1920-30

I've gotten a few. More of the George VI of course, and tons of Elizabeth. But yes, from time to time I (rarely) see george V.

My best one though wasn't canadian. It was (is) a coin with Napoleon on it! :-)

Plenty, at least one of each from the following dates, 1929, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1936. Also have a few dimes and nickels too

HH
-GC

How many boxes do you think you've home through to find those??

I've found 2 1932 George V's. Weird, both the same year, and the only examples. Ooh, I think I found a 1928 in not so good shape, too.

After 371 boxes searched I have only found 4 KGV.

I have 2 that I found CRH in my Canada Small Cents book that I'm working on, a 1928 and a 1930. Down here in Fl, we get swamped by Canadian snowbirds every winter who must haul every coin they have and then try to spend all of them while they are down here. I guess they make 2 cents profit for every dollar they can spend. In my book, I have all of the last page, 1965 with small beads - 1988, and I'm missing 6 from the second page, 1944 - 1965 Large beads, but the first page have been tough to come by. I only have 6 on it, 1940, 41, 42, and 43 and the 30 and 28, so I'm missing 18 of the older cents starting from 1920. I get so many Canadian coins I plan on getting a nickel and dime book also. I keep all the Canadians I find because I don't want them in my dumps besides the fact that I like their nickels and cents. I haven't seen a Canadian Nickel book yet but I might have a box of them at least and would like to start on that next.

I'm working on filling a small cent folder as well. That is what struck this conversation up. Its a red warmans folder. Runs 1920-2012 real nice as far as folders go. Think I have all from 50-12 except like 2007 or something like that.

Update* picked up 5 King George the Fifth. From my LCS for 2$.

I wish I could sell all the KGV pennies and nickels for 50 cents a piece, I would be rich, lol.

EBay lists them for 1-2$ after fees on 2 you get 1.5$ almost all profit. I'd start selling them badlads

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back