Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, you read that title right! I started off this morning at the river. I saw quite a bit...a bald eagle, ducks, egrets, herons and this guy...

IMG_2716.jpg

When we were leaving there, this guy did a flyby!
IMG_2790.jpg

Next, I went to the Wetlands. I happened to see this fellow surveying the marsh. He looked very tough to me...

IMG_2819.jpg

I saw the hawk jump as something startled it at the same time I saw a movement below him and up climbed this crazy squirrel!! I thought " I am about to photograph a hawk catch a meal! ". I had never done that. The squirrel climbed up and down the tree while I waited for the hawk to pounce, but to my amazement the tough guy flew off:tongue3:
IMG_2853.jpg

The victorious one was left alone...
IMG_2861.jpg

I did see the otter a little closer today in the canal but was not able to get pics. This just gives me reason to go back again! While I was contemplating going down one trail, I heard a loud crack and thought something had hit this dead tree on the canal bank. I waited for movement but saw none. Looking up at the top of the tree ( about 30 ft ), I saw the tip start moving ever so slightly and as soon as I thought " It's falling! ", it came crashing down about 8 feet from me across the path I was just thinking about walking down, broke and most of it fell into the canal. We had very heavy rains last night and I don't know whether that contributed to the fall or not, but it made me realize we never know where danger is coming from, do we? Be careful out there:hello:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of activity going on in the wetlands I see. I always enjoy seeing kingfishers.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like that hawk can't quite figure that squirrel out.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know. I'm sure he's a known legend in the world of squirrels. They probably call him Bravenuts

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pics, as usual OD. I hope that you are doing well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread