KISS THE CAR DEALER + pictures !

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
Was almost 3 hours on the beach. Sunny but rather cold, due to the icy wind. Had to were my gloves, in the end ! Finds were good + fun :

1. 7.17 Euro = 8.60 USD
2. 5 Belgian frank
3. some lead weight to equilibrate a car wheel + tire
4. 2 strange, very small, copper "dices" (but no dots on them)
5. nice lips, the metal part is silver, I guess
6. splinter of a bomb

Also found that little soldier + deep under the sand, waiting for me, were 3 nice little cars.
Land rover "Daktari-style" was made in G Britain by whizzwheels
The smaller red truck was made by Matchbox "Rolamatics" ; made in England.
The yellow sports car was made by POLITOYS EXPORT "chaparral 3 F" and was made in Italy.

Also found that wineglas, somebody had left behind !?! ???

Another great day, for me.

ThankYouForLooking !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium :P

ImgFree.net - Hosting Images

Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Love the relics! You find more toys than anyone I know! I like them almost better than coins. Keep 'em coming!

vicki

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
"ALMOST" ??? hahahaha

vic910 said:
Love the relics! You find more toys than anyone I know! I like them almost better than coins. Keep 'em coming!

vicki

Hello vicki !

I don't know why I am finding more toys then other detectorists. All plastic is, of course, find with my eyes. It is laying somewhere on the beach, uncovered by the wind but nobody seem to notice it. I also find of lot of plastic "shapes" to make sand cakes. Almost always in perfect condition but they are a bit big to bring along (don't always fit into my pockets) + would be to big in a picture, too. The little soldiers or cowboys are always fun. ;D ;D

And then those little cars. They come in great on the detector and I have found them more then a foot deep under the sand. I think I look happy as a 3 year old when I finally hold them in my hand. Very strange.

Yesterday, I found those 2 little copper "cubes". Well, they gave a great SOUND on my detector. And even if they are "worthless" they certainly ware great to pick them up. :D

Vicki, thank you for your reaction !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium :P

S

southbound

Another big haul Bob! Must be nice to get out every day and hunt.
Congrats on all that treasure.
Vern

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find bob.did mick jagger loss his lips.

tinpan

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
SAD FOR MICK JAGGER !

tinpan said:
great find bob.did mick jagger loss his lips.

tinpan

But I got them lips now !!! Where are all those top models now ??? ;D

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

wmas1960

May 17, 2005
Chicagoland
I have been reading your posts for about a week now and I have almost seen more army men than I remember having when I was growing up. :D

I love seeing them. I am really intrigued though. What is some of the some of the story of the area of the beaches or wherever that you detect. It does seem interesting that you find so many of them and the other toys as well. Is it an area where kids play a lot. I have a nephew, I think he is about 12 or 13 that is really into games with soldiers where, if I understand my sisters description, they play on sand tables and such. Roll dice and take out rulers and measure out the movements of their men.... I guess their soldiers are a bit more elaborate though in that they are diecast and they hand paint them and all. Just had me wondering if that might be why there are so many of them. Just seems like perfect place, (the beach) to play games like that.

Keep posting the pictures. I love them. I just got started for this season, myself. I have been out twice now and last time got a nasty sun burn on the back of my neck. Last Monday, It was wonderful out but the wind off Lake Michigan (Chicago Area) was nasty and cold. I could see the sand moving accross the ground and drifting around the fences and park benches.... Some areas of our beach are under about 4' of accumulated sand from over the winter. Probably the areas where most of the lost stuff is too deep for my detector. It all will have to be cleared away by the time the beaches officially reopen at the end of next month. I will probably go back in a week or so and see if they have started that yet. Last Friday it was gorgeous out with the water relatively calm and little wind. I was out for about 2 hours and never realized I was getting so much sun. Haven't found much yet and still need to take pictures of my finds. Hopefully I will start having the luck you seem to be.

Keep up the good work...

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
u

wmas1960 said:
I have been reading your posts for about a week now and I have almost seen more army men than I remember having when I was growing up. :D

I love seeing them. I am really intrigued though. What is some of the some of the story of the area of the beaches or wherever that you detect. It does seem interesting that you find so many of them and the other toys as well. Is it an area where kids play a lot. I have a nephew, I think he is about 12 or 13 that is really into games with soldiers where, if I understand my sisters description, they play on sand tables and such. Roll dice and take out rulers and measure out the movements of their men.... I guess their soldiers are a bit more elaborate though in that they are diecast and they hand paint them and all. Just had me wondering if that might be why there are so many of them. Just seems like perfect place, (the beach) to play games like that.

Keep posting the pictures. I love them. I just got started for this season, myself. I have been out twice now and last time got a nasty sun burn on the back of my neck. Last Monday, It was wonderful out but the wind off Lake Michigan (Chicago Area) was nasty and cold. I could see the sand moving across the ground and drifting around the fences and park benches.... Some areas of our beach are under about 4' of accumulated sand from over the winter. Probably the areas where most of the lost stuff is too deep for my detector. It all will have to be cleared away by the time the beaches officially reopen at the end of next month. I will probably go back in a week or so and see if they have started that yet. Last Friday it was gorgeous out with the water relatively calm and little wind. I was out for about 2 hours and never realized I was getting so much sun. Haven't found much yet and still need to take pictures of my finds. Hopefully I will start having the luck you seem to be.

Keep up the good work...

Hello wmas1960.

Thank you for your reaction. Great to have you "aboard" ! 8)

I just started metal detecting end of August 2005 but I started finding stuff from day one. Also because I am ready to put a lot of time & effort into it. There were days, in the beginning, when days were longer and the weather was far better, that I worked for 5-6-7 hours. Didn't have to stop for a sh.t, a cigarette (non smoker), to drink or to eat. Imagine what you can do in 5-6-7 hours, wmas1960...

I always go hunting alone. First of all I hardly know anyone who is metal detecting, too ànd I don't like company when I work. OR I work, OR I play. I can't do the 2 things at the same moment. I can't even stand it when my wife comes along, or a friend who isn't detecting.

For the soldiers : as a kid I liked them too a lot, more then I liked cars ! I remember I had 6 (six !) little plastic soldiers during some years, but I had also like 40 "knights".
All plastic is, of course, discovered laying on the beach, the small cars are made in metal, so I can find them at more then a foot.

For now : all the best, wmas1960.

I'll be to the beach within an hour or 2 !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
thank you, twister !

Always good to hear someone likes what you are doing ! :D

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread