I bought these from an older gentleman in a wheelchair. He was selling things that were his father's he said. In addition to the tokens, he had many photographs of people standing around wearing robes and stuff. Obvious gatherings. Claimed the stuff was his father's that he had accumulated over the years as a member. He didn't claim these to be worth any money, so I don't think he was trying to pass them off as valuable. He had close to twenty of them. I just bought five. Thought they were different. I had never seen or heard of such a thing before this. I have heard that the little symbols had to do with what the really was about in general. Different symbols for different occasions. That's about all I know. As far as fantasy or fake pieces, that would make sense if someone was trying to make some money on them. I can't see hammering on these and stamping them only to make a few bucks. Who knows tho. I haven't seen anything like these before. I'm sure if they are real there would be more out there.