What's new

Knee Pad Question...

I gotta wear knee pads for some jobs.

Best ones are biggest, with widest velcro elastic straps.

REALLY stoopid lookin if decked out in front of other people bystanding!

The cheapo $4 foamies are probably the best bet.

rmptr
 
I picked up a pair of foam pads at Harbor Freight for my granddaughter. They are long and narrow and she loves them. Verify the size it does seem the velcro is short if you are large framed. Really comfortable and $4.99 While you're there check out the Centech pinpointer for 15.99 it's a good backup or primary. She uses hers all the time. Don't forget a box of mechanics blue gloves for those muddy days. Love that Harbor Freight store!!!
 
Well, I was screwing around yesterday without my pads, wearing shorts and when I started to get up I slipped on wet grass and landed on a piece of cement and got a nice bright strawberry about the size of a quarter on my left knee! Don't do as I do, do as I say. Those knee scrapes take forever to heal and hurt like the devil every time you squat down!
M :crybaby2: nty
 
True Mastereagle,
That's why I said put a pouched on a pair of pants. Another thought would get a cheap pair of cargo pants, rip off the nice side pockets and relocate them to the knee? Insert the cheap foam pads everyone appears to own.

Ed D.
 
I use the husky brand that they sell at homedepot.......the gel filled type. Honestly, I will have to say that wearing two knee pads does look dorky. Wearing one, I think doesn't. In any event, you need them. I couldn't hunt without my kneepad.......I especiallly hate the wet knee syndrome when hunting after a rain. Slipping is the problem I experience. I usually have to slide the knee pad up once in a while. An added benefit is that the knee pad also acts as a holster for my digging tool.
 
Thanks for that link....what a wonderful idea! I'll have to get me some of hubby's old jeans and make some knee pads myself! OMG...designer knee pads....gotta' run...gotta' get started ;)
 
I got this type at Home Depot....very comfy!!
 

Attachments

  • kneepads.webp
    kneepads.webp
    6 KB · Views: 167
I have used these for a while with no hurting from cockleburs,rocks,thistles,sticks,etc... heres a link,and a pic of mine. They velcro around the leg!

http://www.mcguirenicholas.com/
 

Attachments

  • SG1L3197.webp
    SG1L3197.webp
    89.4 KB · Views: 196
I'm gonna pick up a pair this week. I almost get light-headed from getting in the squatting position on my feet the whole time I'm digging. These will help a lot. :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom