Knights Templar Sword..

BISHOP

Jan 15, 2007
kNOx COUNTy, mo.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about this sword?? I recovered it from an old farm house I had obtained permission to go through before it was to be demolished. I know it was made by the Henderson Ames CO. in Kalamazoo Mich. in the between the 1880-1920. I have been assured that it is authentic but as far as details and value I haven't been had much luck in finding any info. The blade of the sword had very detailed engraving and the sheath is also very detailed.

Attachments

• 02-18-08 007.jpg
    02-18-08 007.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 8,824
  • 02-18-08 008.jpg
    02-18-08 008.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 7,258
  • 02-18-08 009.jpg
    02-18-08 009.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5,015
  • 02-18-08 010.jpg
    02-18-08 010.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4,051
  • 02-18-08 011.jpg
    02-18-08 011.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,305

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Outlaw. I am a past LEO over here in West Central Indiana. I have friends in the masons over here. Let me look around and talk to them about it and see what I can come up with to help.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
knights of columbus --- the catholic equal to the masons ---have similar swords too -- my dad was past master of the local masonic lodge before his death -- thats a tylers or sgt at arms --"sword" ---used during the "meetings' to prevent eves droppers and disruptors from bothering things and to keep "order" -- its not really meant for real duty and is more of a symbolic item these days really . Ivan

Upvote 0

Jadish

Sep 13, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just SO encouraged by these events - that there is a lot of 'good' out there. A truly heart-warming story!

I am so glad I could play a part in it!

Best

Jadish

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
outlaw said:
Nope no number's or anything other then the guys name.

I also just checked mine - there are numbers (13) on the back side of the scabbord loop connections intended to keep the correct decorations on the correct scabbord. Otherwise, just the name and initials of the owner. "W.A.Greenfield" and the makers name "The Henderson Ames Co. Kalamazoo, Mich."

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BISHOP

BISHOP

Jan 15, 2007
kNOx COUNTy, mo.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Montana Jim said:
outlaw said:
Nope no number's or anything other then the guys name.

I also just checked mine - there are numbers (13) on the back side of the scabbord loop connections intended to keep the correct decorations on the correct scabbord. Otherwise, just the name and initials of the owner. "W.A.Greenfield" and the makers name "The Henderson Ames Co. Kalamazoo, Mich."

Mine has a 15 but other than that its the same

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BISHOP

BISHOP

Jan 15, 2007
kNOx COUNTy, mo.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Well I haven't give up yet I'm still workin' on it. just thought I would drop a line to let everyone who helped me out that I'm still around and still on the mission of returning the sword. In between workin', family stuff, and daydreaming about the Minelab SOV GT I want so bad, I cant get this sword off my mind. Well hope everyone has (had) a good weekend.

Upvote 0

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
from what i was told that is an officers sword due to the two rings on either side of the scabbard . two sword chains of equal length allowed the sword to hang straight down the leg.looks masonic to me.

Upvote 0

James Edison

Greenie
Feb 22, 2008
Outlaw, although you may not have post much...but I can relate to the addiction you mentioned...
I just joined the forum a few days back and now I cant help myself not to leave my laptop...
All the findings here are really awesome...some even 4000 years old...really really amazed me...

By the way, congrats on your finding too...your sword is beautiful indeed...thanks for sharing...

Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Hang in there Outlaw, it'll come together for you. Oh by the way you are a Jr. Member now. I guess the Mods like what your doing.

Desertfox

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BISHOP

BISHOP

Jan 15, 2007
kNOx COUNTy, mo.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Thanks for the encouragement!!!! Well I'm still lookin' for the owners. I need to hurry up and get it back because HOPEFULLY the ground will thaw soon so I can get my MD out and hunt. About me being a Jr. member did I get that rank by the amount of posts or did a mod set it. I'm not sure of the amount of posts it takes to advance.. Anyway thanks again and I'm going to make some more calls today and I hope I can make some progress...

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
outlaw... the member status thinggys are just an indication of how many times you have posted. Almost every chat program has something like it... using different names. The charter membership is for folks who have paid for the moniker, but it comes with extras and goodies you (others) can't get here, like a search capability and some different areas to access.

Here is a guide to the colors, post numbers, and names...

chart.JPG

Upvote 0

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Great work & you all deserve a lot of credit for all the time put into
trying to return that sword. It is without doubt a Knights Templar
sword, more than likely used at at Commandery meetings or
parade use. With the Templar Cross & Crown on it, I doubt it
would have been used as an officers sword in a Masonic lodge.
I would contact local Masonic Lodges & ask them for the location
of the nearest Templar Commandery. But being recovered from a
burglars pile of loot, it's hard to tell where it came from.
Good Luck

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread