What's new

L.A. CA MDing???

JRich98150

Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
336
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
L.A. CA MD'ing???

I'll be in Los Angeles helping my brother move Aug 11 through the 19th. Any suggestions on local beaches or detecting sites in the area or anyone want to get out for a little bit to detect some. I'll be checking the TN site from out there.

JRich
 
Re: L.A. CA MD'ing???

Hit Zuma Beach if you see any erosion or what we call a cut. The only problem I see you having is that the DFX won't work on wet sand at our beaches. The wet sand is too mineralized and machines like that DFX won't balance and if they do they will only be able to detect on the surface (1/4" Deep).

I would try Griffith Park or looking for one of the many sidewalk demos going on in the Downtown area, so do a little driving and check out the area to see what looks interesting.


HH
 
Re: L.A. CA MD'ing???

Hey Ant had a question for u. How do BH metal detectors tend to work on southern California beaches? Just purchased one haven't gone out to use it much yet though. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
 
Re: L.A. CA MD'ing???

hi - im game- i live next to lax -westchester- call me or email me at 310-895-8756- chrishearn84@hotmail.com
thanks - chris
 
Re: L.A. CA MD'ing???

Rattler0216 said:
Hey Ant had a question for u. How do BH metal detectors tend to work on southern California beaches? Just purchased one haven't gone out to use it much yet though. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for taking so long to respond but most metal detectors don't work on our highly mineralized wet sand beaches. It will do on dry sand but it's fairly deep in most spots. You could hunt trails that end up at the beach, approaches and parking areas. That’s what I would do if I had that machine, playgrounds too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom