Labor day blues but some good news

Ollieboy

Nov 3, 2006
America's home town
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep
I'm having the labor day blues because all the beach depositor have gone for the season. But on a positive note i start my final round of chemo on Monday and I'm feelin good. This will get me at least through the winter. Hopefully I'll have a nice long remission. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!
Ollieboy
PS if anyone ever would like to hunt the beaches some time I'm game.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear about the last round of chemo - my parents have both had cancer, so I'm worried that I'm genetically next in line. It's always great to hear about survivors! I might take you up on some beach hunting sometime - right now I'm hitting some farm fields and just watching the weather channel for that first big NE'r of the fall!

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Ollieboy,

Scott here, I"ll hunt with u anytime, Let"s keep in touch and get together this winter and hunt some beaches.

OP
OP
Ollieboy

Ollieboy

Nov 3, 2006
America's home town
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep
Scott, how good are the detector travel bags, may buy one for the tiger shark before i head out to Aruba!! I'm concerned about it being damaged, you know how they throw your bags around in the airport. ShouldI just break it down and stuff it in my suitcase?
Ollieboy

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ollieboy said:
Scott, how good are the detector travel bags, may buy one for the tiger shark before i head out to Aruba!! I concerned about it being damaged, you know how they throw your bags around in the airport. Should just break it down and stuff it in my suitcase?
Ollieboy

Try getting a hard carrying case for it, they are like the gun cases with foam all lining teh inside of it and most ahve locks on them as well. This should be good for you when you travel. I am not sure if Tesoro sells them and if so for specific detectors, but I do know White's sells them.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainedigger said:
Ollieboy said:
Scott, how good are the detector travel bags, may buy one for the tiger shark before i head out to Aruba!! I concerned about it being damaged, you know how they throw your bags around in the airport. Should just break it down and stuff it in my suitcase?
Ollieboy

Try getting a hard carrying case for it, they are like the gun cases with foam all lining teh inside of it and most ahve locks on them as well. This should be good for you when you travel. I am not sure if Tesoro sells them and if so for specific detectors, but I do know White's sells them.

I bought a hardcase for my CZ20 when I went to the Bahamas last year and checked it as luggage. At one point, security broke the lock and messed around inside - I believe they even opened the battery compartment because one of the leads had been ripped away and I had to find a way to make it work when I got there - in addition, they must have done something else to it because I wasn't able to turn it off anymore. My friend just broke his down and packed it really well around clothing in his carry on and had no problems at all.

I almost wonder if perhaps the fact that the case looks like a gun case caused security to pay it more attention and cause more problems than if I had just carried it on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread