What's new

Lady Liberty was Seated in Virginia City, and Waiting for me!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,870
Reaction score
47,412
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miguel and I hit a couple spots that I scouted out in the Virginia City area today and I got my first seated dime!
Also got a nice sash buckle, gun trigger, keyhole escutcheon, reins guide, pocket knife, pewter spoon, silver plated spoon, part of a "Magic Pocket Lamp" and some other doo dads.
IMG_0109.webp

IMG_0115.webp

IMG_0112.webp
IMG_0111.webp


Been looking for a seated dime for quite a while now!
IMG_0107.webp
IMG_0108.webp


Virginia & Truckee Railroad in operation today.
IMG_0105.webp


Bonus color plate:
IMG_0104.webp


That elusive gold coin is getting more and more prominent on the old bucket list! :laughing7:

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!
 
Upvote 52
Miguel and I hit a couple spots that I scouted out in the Virginia City area today and I got my first seated dime!
Also got a nice sash buckle, gun trigger, keyhole escutcheon, reins guide, pocket knife, pewter spoon, silver plated spoon, part of a "Magic Pocket Lamp" and some other doo dads.
View attachment 2225191
View attachment 2225199
View attachment 2225193View attachment 2225194

Been looking for a seated dime for quite a while now!
View attachment 2225195View attachment 2225196

Virginia & Truckee Railroad in operation today.
View attachment 2225197

Bonus color plate:
View attachment 2225198

That elusive gold coin is getting more and more prominent on the old bucket list! :laughing7:

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!
Many congratulations on that liberty seated
 
Great seated dime! I like that part to a Parker Magic Lamp. I did a quick image search to try to find a model it might have come from but didn't find a match.
 
VERY nice find :) Glad you got it. WISH I HAD LOL
 
So much history in that area and it is still giving up it's treasures! Big Congrats!!
 
Love the variety of finds. Congrats on the 1st Seated dime!
 
Nice! I'm surprised it wasn't an "S" mint, which is much more valuable.
 
Congrats on finding your first Seated Liberty Silver coin - a very nice older one too ! :hello2:
 
Miguel and I hit a couple spots that I scouted out in the Virginia City area today and I got my first seated dime!
Also got a nice sash buckle, gun trigger, keyhole escutcheon, reins guide, pocket knife, pewter spoon, silver plated spoon, part of a "Magic Pocket Lamp" and some other doo dads.
View attachment 2225191
View attachment 2225199
View attachment 2225193View attachment 2225194

Been looking for a seated dime for quite a while now!
View attachment 2225195View attachment 2225196

Virginia & Truckee Railroad in operation today.
View attachment 2225197

Bonus color plate:
View attachment 2225198

That elusive gold coin is getting more and more prominent on the old bucket list! :laughing7:

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!
Good successful hunt 👍
 
Miguel and I hit a couple spots that I scouted out in the Virginia City area today and I got my first seated dime!
Also got a nice sash buckle, gun trigger, keyhole escutcheon, reins guide, pocket knife, pewter spoon, silver plated spoon, part of a "Magic Pocket Lamp" and some other doo dads.
View attachment 2225191
View attachment 2225199
View attachment 2225193View attachment 2225194

Been looking for a seated dime for quite a while now!
View attachment 2225195View attachment 2225196

Virginia & Truckee Railroad in operation today.
View attachment 2225197

Bonus color plate:
View attachment 2225198

That elusive gold coin is getting more and more prominent on the old bucket list! :laughing7:

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!
Very nice finds...and very nice pics. Congrats on your seated silver. Beautiful coin. You and I share in the search for that elusive gold coin. Hopefully one of these days we will both be rewarded.
 
Very nice finds...and very nice pics. Congrats on your seated silver. Beautiful coin. You and I share in the search for that elusive gold coin. Hopefully one of these days we will both be rewarded.
Hopefully, I'll soon find my fourth gold coin.
 
Congratulations on your variety of nice finds... and on the beautiful silver seated dime, too! Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom